At Caribou Coffee we create day-making experiences that spark a chain reaction of GOOD! This is our purpose. Our team brings this to life by focusing on what’s really important around here – TEAM, GUEST, QUALITY! It’s that simple. If you’re ready to work somewhere you can be yourself while making an impact on your community, creating life-long relationships, and serving the best coffee around, join our herd! Apply today and be part of the ‘Bou Crew!
Position Overview: The Assistant General Manager (AGM) is a GROWTH role intended to develop future leaders to think strategically about the store and globally about the future of the district and Caribou as a whole. This role requires individuals to step into leadership and possess an insatiable hunger for development and growth. This role works in partnership with the General Manager in all facets to run the store and make an impact on the team and community.
DOING – What you deliver:
- Demonstrates the DOING of Team Member and Shift Leader with ease, enthusiasm and excellence
- Is responsible for developing their understanding of the business to the level of a General Manager over the course of a year
- Is the spark for joy to everyone who walks into the store, creating real connections that last beyond the immediate interaction - and teaching the team to do the same
- Is a champion for creating an environment that fosters goal-surpassing speed through effective deployment, in-the-moment problem solving and team motivation
- Takes responsibility for hitting sales goals through the connection between speed & service
- Takes the lead on problem resolution, shows calm, professionalism, emotional maturity, and a commitment to listening to understand
- Make connections between day-to-day behaviors and the end result as you develop a broad understanding of the Profit & Loss statement
- Organizes, executes, and improves upon administrative tasks and makes the connection between daily/weekly/monthly administrative tasks and overall business success
- Responsible for all store funds while on shift by enforcing cash-handling policies
- Places, receives, and verifies orders; conducts inventory; controls waste and dates and rotates inventory, when necessary
- Thinks wholistically about the success of the store – focusing on not just your shift, but the next one and beyond
- Seeks not just to solve problems, but to understand root causes of the problems to create sustainable change
BEING – How you show up:
- Brings the Core Values to life in all that you do: Support One Another, Make Fun Happen, Be Yourself, Take Ownership, Serve With Love
- Fully embraces their growth and development in this role, bringing humility and curiosity to the team and role
- Brings curiosity and a learner’s mindset to the role and their leadership; Asks questions: What do I want to learn? What else can I do? What other experiences can I have?
- Takes ownership for their own development and is hungry for feedback and to get better
- Leads with a global view of the Caribou brand (evolving from shift to store to district to company)
- Is a relentless culture champion, bringing the purpose and values to life in every interaction
- Creates an open and trusting relationship with GM
- Brings a competitive fire to the role, seeking to hit (or beat!) goals and win the game of creating day making experiences
- 1-3 years of prior restaurant/retail experience requiring strong customer service commitment and orientation
- Ability to work at least one of the following: early mornings, evenings, some holidays and/or weekends
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Has a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- 1 year of supervisory experience
The physical requirements for this position are hearing, speaking, seeing, bending, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds, and being able to stand for 4 to 8 hours, or the ability to accomplish the physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Caribou reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Caribou or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Caribou Coffee Operating Company, Inc. and its affiliates are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers to all applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based on any characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Address: | 1625 - 13th Avenue E Suite 200 , West Fargo, North Dakota 58078 |
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical demands may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Caribou Coffee reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the company or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Caribou Coffee Company, Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Company”) are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and individuals with Disabilities and do not discriminate based on gender identity or sexual orientation.
1625 - 13th Avenue E Suite 200
West Fargo, ND 58078