Brew Your Best
These simple steps will ensure that your home-brewed coffee tastes as delicious as it does when we brew it for you.
1. Start with fresh, whole Caribou Coffee beans that appeal to your unique taste buds.Find your coffee
2. Just before brewing, grind the beans to match your type of coffeemaker. Grind Guide
3. Use oxygen-bleached or metal coffee filters.
4. Measure out two heaping tablespoons of ground coffee for every eight ounces of water.
5. Use a coffeemaker with a slow brew time (between four and seven minutes).
Helpful Tips for Great-Tasting Coffee
Store your coffee in an airtight, opaque container, on the counter or in the cupboard. Do not store your coffee in the refrigerator or freezer, as it will take on the flavors that are present.
Never reheat your coffee. Once coffee has cooled, the chemistry has changed. Bitter oils and flavors will dominate the taste. Reheating will further break down the few aromatics left.
For more tips, see our Coffee FAQs.